With the winter just around the corner, there’s no better way to shield ourselves from the sniffles than making sure our immune system is at its best. This means, paying attention to what we put in our bodies, and how we manage stress around the holidays. One way to ensure you’re boosting your health is to eat plenty of fresh, organic vegetables, especially those dark leafy green ones. This super quick immune boosting stir-fry is filled with numerous vitamins and minerals that will aid your body in feeling best throughout the winer season.
What will you need to prepare one at home?
The nice part is that there are no fancy ingredients needed. Just some organic veggies, and quinoa. Remember, just to keep it healthy and fun, we're only using green vegetables! You can of course also add organic chicken or grass-fed beef if you prefer.
- 1/2 dozen asparagus spears
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 cup green beans
- 2 cups bok choy
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (or coconut liquid aminos)
How I pick my vegetables?
Through a weekly produce shipment from Door to Door Organics. This allows for a variety of organic produce to be delivered directly to my home at a price equivalent to organic produce at traditional grocery shops. Each week is a different assortment which makes it fun to experiment with different flavor combinations. While I set my delivery for a specific day of the week, I'm also able to add organic poultry, or pretty much anything else that I need in the kitchen.
How to prepare?
1. Chop all vegetables into equally sized chunks to allow cooking at the same rate.
2. In a pan heat oil on medium-high. Toss in the firmest vegetables first with most delicate last.
3. Add soy sauce, and continue stir-frying and tossing for an additional 3-5 minutes so that the vegetables remain vibrant in color.
4. Remove from heat and serve over quinoa or brown rice.
The final product:
I hope you enjoyed my recipe, and that you'll try it out at home using your own organic veggies. To help get you started, get your $10 off the very first Door to Door Organics order.