Vegan Coconut Whipped Cream
2 cans full fat coconut milk (13.5 oz cans) – unflavored and unsweetened
1/3 cup real maple syrup
1 tbsp vanilla extract or to taste
1/4 tsp cinnamon Dash or cardamom (optional)
1. Chill the cans of coconut milk overnight in the fridge
2. Open the cans, drain off the clear liquid and transfer the cream to a chilled bowl, using a rubber spatula to scrape all the cream out of the cans
3. Beat the thick coconut cream in the chilled bowl with a hand mixer until thick and fluffy
4. Add the vanilla, then gradually beat in real maple syrup, testing for flavor and consistency
5. For flavored whipped cream, add some cinnamon, instant coffee, or cocoa powder.
6. Using a rubber spatula, transfer the coconut cream to a covered storage container, and chill for 2 hours until the mixture firms. Serve chilled.